Friday, January 28, 2011

Friend Friday – FBFF

This is going to be my first ever participation for Modly Chic's Friend Friday , so here goes nothin'...

1. What technology do you use in blogging?
I use my husband's Canon Rebel T1I. I bought it as a gift for him two years ago. You'd think that I should know how to use it by now, but I've only managed to use the automatic setting, so it's kind of a point and shoot for me :)

2. What computer and online technology do you use?
I use a Dell Studio 17 laptop. At the time of purchase, it was the high-end model with huge graphics capabilities. I am an avid digital scrapbooker and fried my old laptop from overloading it with huge scrapped pages that ranged in the hundreds of MBs in size for each page. I use Blogger for my blog. Never tried anything else. For my photos, I touch it up (on an as per need basis) on Photoshop CS3.

3. What is your process for taking pictures?
I used to put the T1I on top of boxes, put it on timer and run and pose before the camera clicks. I still do it now, but I've improved a little bit on the boxes and replaced it with a tripod. Oh I should also mention that my daughter and I take turns posing for the camera. I never asked her. She just declared that it's her turn and stand in front of the camera and imitate my pose LOL...

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
I look at other people's blogs and are awed by their locations. They leave me wondering where the heck am I to find comparable locations like that from where I live. But with a toddler in tow, there's no way I can do that by myself. I'm already rushing to pick her up from her dayhome as it is. I'm also a 9-5 gal. The photo shoot doesn't happen until I get home and fed my daughter. At this point, it would be 8PM and not even a bit of light left. Could I do it in the morning, perhaps? Sleep is precious. I'm also rushing to get her ready for her dayhome so I can actually get to work on time - which is already a rarity. But shhh, my boss doesn't have to know that :P

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
I don't know how much they cost but I would love a remote control for my husband's camera so I don't have to keep running back and forth between where I'm standing for the shoot and the tripod :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to your first FBFF! I love the pics of you and your daughter above - she is lovely. And super jealous of your Canon Rebel. So many bloggers are using that camera. - Katy

    ReplyDelete