Monday, February 14, 2011

Outfit 29









{blazer: Ricki's | top and skinny pants: RW&Co. | shoes: Pegabo | belt & accessories: RW&Co., Reitman's}

I planned to wear something red for Valentine's Day, but changed my mind at the last minute. I opted to wear a black and white ensemble instead. Back in my high school days, there was such a stigma about wearing red on Valentine's Day. It signified that you are looking for love, which meant you don't have anyone in your life, which meant no one wants you LOL. I know! It doesn't make sense. But that's what we thought and so everyone was afraid to wear red. Some of my classmates even refused to wear red the entire month of February. Just in case someone gets the wrong impression you know :P Now I think about it, it would have made more sense to wear red just for the sake of celebrating the day. But noooo, someone had to make up something weird and ruin it for everyone. So this is why I never wear red on Valentine's Day. a. Because I wasn't looking and b. Because even if I was, I wouldn't want to shout it out to the world that I was! Hahahaha.... Of course, I grew up, grew some brains. I'm out of this and am over this stigma for a long time now. Or am I? Where's my red???? :P

Today, I sent out an email to two friends and suggested the idea of taking turns babysitting for Valentine's week. I got eager responses which was no surprise. Everyone is just dying to have a date night. I didn't want to go out tonight not because I'm anti-Valentine's but because I've done it before and it's a zoo out there. Nothing kills romance than fighting for your table and enduring bad customer service. So tonight we babysat two boys, and Sofia had so much fun playing with them. This Thursday will be our turn for our date night. Speaking of which, I better get on making that reservation. I'm thinking of going to that French restaurant in downtown. Hmmm, sounds romantic already!

1 comment: