Friday, February 11, 2011

Friend Friday: Color Wars

Well it’s Friday again and I have some answers for you on a very interesting topic of questions brought to you by ModlyChic. Join us! It's a good way of getting to know other fashion bloggers who share the same interests as you - fashion and style. What else? LOL...

1. What color dominates your closet?
I hate to admit it but it’s mostly grey and black. That needs to change and I’ve made a silent pledge to my closet that I would give it life! Lately, I’ve been buying mostly things that are either colored or patterned. No more black and grey. Although in terms of pants, I always stick to black, grey or brown still. I still have to convince myself to divert from that, but so far no success there yet. I don’t know. It’s just so easy to fall back into going back to what’s safe and comfortable.

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
All colors! I’m not fair skinned so I think I can get away with wearing any color and avoid looking washed out, especially when it comes to paler shades. So if money weren’t an issue, if I like something, I would buy them in the same style in all colors. Wouldn’t that be nice? LOL. I especially love red and green, although I would never put them together in one outfit. Except maybe during an ugly sweater contest on Christmas day hahaha…. Mustards and camels are also starting to find its way into my shopping bags too!

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
While I used to like the all black outfit before, I am all about putting a flash of color in everything I wear now. Somehow, just blacks or just greys, or just black and grey don’t cut it anymore. I find it too boring now. Since I’ve been blogging and reading all these fashion blogs and reviewing my outfit photos, I find that I love the ones that have colors in them. So I’ve made a promise to myself that I will always wear colors to add life to my outfit. Monotony has gone out this closet. Or is that the right term? Oh well, you know what I mean:P

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
Not necessarily in this order: bold or subtle patterns, accessories, tops, blazers or cardigans, shoes, bright lipstick haha.. 
5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color

This is just in alphabetical order, nothing else:
A Day in the Life Too - http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com/
The Odd and Chic - http://www.oddandchic.com/

Seriously, I can’t enumerate all of them here or this blog post will never end. Really, there’s just way too many of them and it wouldn’t do them justice if I just put some and leave some out. But since you insisted, I didn’t really have a choice, did I? :P

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I can't bring myself to do is wear black trousers with a colour - I suspect it might be a leftover from Trinny and Susannah's What Not to Wear, when they said it looked 'tacky'. So impressionable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wore my purple jeans yesterday!! thanks for stopping by my fbff! i liked your answers, too. :)

    www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete